George Mitchell, the head chef at Flanagan’s, began his culinary career after serving honorably in the United States Marine Corps. Under the tutelage of a handful of prominent local chefs, George honed his skills over time and became the head chef at several area restaurants. George was ultimately hired as the head chef at Flanagan’s Food and Drink restaurant in September 2016, where he has continued to impress with his culinary skills. Stop in Flanagan’s to personally sample George’s cooking magic in person.
Flanagan’s, 360 CT-12, Groton, 860-445-6511; flanagansct.com
BLACK FOREST PASTA
6 oz. chicken tenderloins
3 oz. Italian sausage
1 ½ cup heavy cream
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Handful of baby spinach
6 each roasted red pepper strips
5 oz. fettuccini
Pinch of garlic
1 oz. cajun seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
1 oz. vegetable oil
1. In medium sized sauté pan, heat up oil on medium high heat.
2. Coat chicken with Cajun seasoning. Place in pan.
3. Cook for 15 seconds and flip. Add Italian sausage, spinach and garlic.
4. Cook for 20 more seconds then add heavy cream and fettuccini (already cooked).
5. Reduce cream by half then finish with Parmesan cheese and roasted red peppers.
6. Add salt and pepper for desired flavoring.